Thank you, Wikipedia!

I've been an active user of Wikipedia for years now. I've never contributed to this huge repository of free knowledge in terms of articles (barring a few minor corrections to some articles). But I'm a huge fan of this awesome project that as grown to be the 'largest and most popular general reference work on the Internet' (source: Wikipedia).

Recently, I noticed a banner asking for donations on the Wikipedia website. Their target seems to be 7.5M USD, and as of now, they are at 2.2M USD. I didn't hesitate and used my credit card to donate $10 (Rs.479 INR). I know it's not much, but it's the first time I've donated to any online project.

Wikipedia Affiliate Button

Despite the little bit of negative publicity it's been getting lately, I hope the Wikipedia project continues to provide the world an open and free platform to share knowledge.

Thank you, Wikipedia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Qt - Enabling qDebug messages and Qt Creator

പേര്

Dakhani Degh - Restaurant